- America’s first-ever legal cannabis cafe opened in Los Angeles, California, in October.
- The Original Cannabis Cafe, formerly called the Lowell Cafe, allows customers to order food, sip on nonalcoholic beverages, and legally consume marijuana all in one place.
- The cafe features a lunch and dinner menu, as well as a cannabis menu made up of edibles, pre-rolled joints, and more.
- Insider visited the Original Cannabis Cafe, and spoke to executive chef and partner Andrea Drummer, to learn more about the West Hollywood spot.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
America’s first-ever cannabis cafe in West Hollywood, California, opened its doors to significant fanfare.
The Original Cannabis Cafe, formerly known as the Lowell Cafe, operates just like a normal restaurant, complete with servers and an extensive food menu created by chef Andrea Drummer. However, unlike the average restaurant, guests have the option to smoke weed or consume an edible at their table upon arriving.
Although recreational marijuana shops have been legal in California since January 2018, the Original Cannabis Cafe offers regular smokers, or anyone who is curious, a comfortable place to get high in public.
With this in mind, I stopped by the first-of-its-kind cafe to see what it’s really like.